28 March 2010

We Have A Date

Sorry for the delay in posting. I am exhausted. I am behind on email too so if I owe you an email, I'm sorry! I will hopefully catch up soon.

I just wanted to let everyone know that Nathan will be having his heart surgery on Wednesday! We are very excited about this. They are not going to wait until 10 days after his cold goes away as he really does need to have it soon. Giving him blood didn't help his oxygen levels that much and he gets worn out pretty quickly now-a-days. Standing up in his crib to pull his pants up will labor his breathing considerably. He will even randomly go to sleep just because his heart and lungs are working so hard. He also isn't that interested in eating much anymore (and our little guy LOVES to eat). They have him on a drip to get nutrients into him. The doctor's and nurses have decided to not do anything that will agitate him. If he gets upset, his oxygen levels go very low. It's hard for Richard and I to realize how sick he is sometimes but one of our nurses spoke with us today and we have a better idea. The type of oxygen levels Nathan has while he's awake (in the 40's and 50's) are levels that would require a breathing tube. She said they typically don't accept anything lower than 70 before putting in a tube. I think our little guy amazes the staff here. He amazes us too because every additional bit of knowledge helps us realize how God continues to sustain him.

We ask that you continue to pray for Nathan, especially on Wednesday. We don't know the time of the surgery yet but I will let you know when we do. Nathan isn't in optimal health to have heart surgery but at this point there is no option to wait. I am happy he is having surgery but as you can imagine, still a bit nervous. This surgery is also just part 1 of 3. The next one will be in 4-8 months we're told.

Thanks for praying, we are so grateful! Also, thanks for your encouraging comments. We read them all!

15 comments:

Carrie said...

We will be praying for you guys!

Valerie and Jeff said...

Your strength continues to amaze me! What a journey you've had since Nathan has come home ... just reading your story, not having lived it, broadens my thoughts and deepens my appreciation of the step of faith it takes to adopt, and to adopt a special needs heart baby. God is walking with all of you (and all of us readers too) growing and stretching us through this little boy and your deep love for him. I'm a follower/supporter of ND and feel like those children are like family in some ways--I guess I check in with them more often then some family, shame on me!! But also what a privilege to stand in the gap for them.) What an amazing blessing it is to be able to pray for them and their forever families sometimes even before we know who that forever family is. And especially when their journey continues homeward from ND. I'm sure this is not exactly the way you pictured things post adoption and I am praying that there is smooth sailing ahead!

We will be praying for you guys, especially Wednesday. May God continue to hold you up in strength and give you the faith needed to follow Him. Thank you for your encouragement to other parents in your bold walk of parenting. You have such a sweet and special family.
Blessings,
Valerie

Kim said...

Praying for Nathan from Hong Kong!
Love & Blessings,
Kim

Aaron and Erica said...

Have been praying and will continue to do so...

TanyaLea said...

Praying for you continuously. As always, you remain in my thoughts and prayers. You're not alone!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Tami said...

Continuing to pray for Nathan and your family. Glad to hear they are not waiting on the surgery.

OX,
Tam

Heather said...

I can only pray that instead of 1 of 3 God sees fit for one and done!!! I know this has been so hard on Nathan and your family. Your faith is seamless-
Mommy to heart baby from New Day sends loves and prayers your way!

Vivian said...

We're praying for Nathan's surgery and complete recovery. We pray for strength and courage for you all during this stress-filled time.
We're praying that you feel God's hands on you Wednesday and while Nathan recovers.
Blessings,
Adahlyn's family

Gwen said...

We will continue to pray for Nathan and your family!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Father in Heaven, we come before You in Jesus Name. Thank You Father that little Nathan is in Your hands.... Lord, Jesus we pray that You heal his little heart... that You speak the word and we witness a miracle. That his surgery goes fantastic with out any complications. Please be with his surgeons, his doctors, nurses, all those involved with his care. Give them wisdom, discernment and guide their hands Lord. Strengthen Nathan's lungs too Lord. Please may he recover quickly and help him not to be frightened Lord.... please give him and his family Your peace that surpasses all understanding. Jesus You have been answering our prayers for this little guy., You have brought him home to his family. Now we pray for his healing and to God be the glory.
Thank You Jesus for hearing our prayers, thank You for answering them, thank You for healing this precious little one, and thank you for giving him and his family comfort and peace. You are our strength, our hope, our refuge...
Oh, how we thank You and love You.
In Jesus Name we pray,
Amen

Will be praying...
God's healing and God's peace,
Love,
Daleea

Then shall your light break forth as the morning, and your health shall spring forth speedily: and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.
Isaiah 58:8

Jean said...

Praying for your sweet little boy and for your family. Praying for God's healing touch.

Blessings to you,
Jean

Unknown said...

Hi guys, You all are in my prayers and I hope all goes well on Wednesday with my little cousin.

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

Lifting Nathan and family up in prayer. I will continue to do so knowing fully that God has big plans for this little guy. He will be the hands of the surgeons on Wednesday and I give him thanks in advance for the glorious outcome. You are a fantastic mama and WOW this little guy ever so incredibly gorgeous!! His little face just took my breath away! Get lots of rest before Wednesday. Give Nathan a big kiss from a prayer warrior in Az. Mary

Jimmie Quesinberry said...

It has been awhile since we left China together, but I have thought of you guys often. I only wish that we were not so far away. My wife told me yesterday about the news. I just wanted to let you know that our family will be praying for you over the next few days and months. You folks are a great example of what God asks of for the short time that we are here. Your rewards are great. Take care and May God Richly Bless You.

Kristi said...

We continue to pray for Nathan and your family. May God's words encourage you this day and the days to come.
Isaiah 43:1-10 Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior....."Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your descendants from the east, and gather you from the west....Everyone who is called by My name, whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him"......"You are my witnesses", says the Lord," And My servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He."