20 March 2010

Thanks for praying for us

Nathan is being pumped with medicine and he is breaking out in rashes. He is very aggravated and has his unique way of asking for help. This basically means, it is better to stay up and not even try to fall asleep, I am less frustrated if I just plan to stay up. I allowed the thought about how could we go through this for the next four weeks to dance in my head, but then I realized that this is the selfish part of me that needs to die and be replaced with a passion for the love of Jesus. I am so sadden by how selfish I am and how much I try to make my life comfortable.

So I thank everyone who are praying for us, because of your prayers it is 2 am in the morning and I am watching the second video from http://www.brookhills.org/media/series/radical/ which is titled The Gospel Demands Radical Sacrifice. So I ask for more of your prayers not for sleep at night, but to experience a passionate love for Jesus and for that love to flow and to touch other people's lives allowing them to experience this amazing relationship with Jesus. A relationship with Jesus is what brings true joy, I can say that this experience although very difficult brings a joy from deep down in my heart, a joy so special that I have a hard time comprehending it.

Also continue to pray for Nathan that he would not experience any pain or rashes. We are praying that his infection decreases in size so that they would wait on the brain surgery.

I will let you know how the rest of the videos go.

We love you all and thank you for walking with us.

1 comment:

MJ said...

The pictures of Nathan are priceless...making begging God on his behalf more important that it already is. Olivia enjoyed seeing him too, as she has been praying for him as well.

I wish there was something more we could do for your family...just know that you guys are in our prayers, as well as wisdom and expediency for the doctors.